- # of days I ran = 29
- # of miles run = 188
- Average miles per run = 6.48/day
Overall, I'm pleased with where I'm at fitness wise, and the fact that I successfully avoided the most recent wave of sickness (chest cold/flu) that's been going around my office.
Highlights of the month:
- Back-to-back long run weekends (32 mile and 23 mile days).
- Beating JT at the Winter Series II 8 miler. (He'll deny it since I registered as 'Dirk Diggler', but it still happened. Oh, and ignore the slow times, we'd run 15 miles before the race.)
- Running into a rabid squirrel who was chasing its own tail.
- Meeting and (briefly) running with Scott Jurek.
- Making page 21 of Runner's World.
- Being touted as the featured athlete on the Brew to Brew race website.
Last but not least, my good friend Andy Henshaw just laid down a 2:26 marathon in Miami last Sunday, which has also inspired me to run fast! With a little help from him and others, I'm putting together a training plan that will hopefully have me in sub-2:45 shape by Boston.