- A soul-crushing DNF after 97 miles at Leadville. My motivation to do anything associated with running went down the toilet after this year's DNF. I was going for 4 consecutive finishes, and my body just shut down right before the boulevard... I was in 14th or 15th at the time. This lead to:
- Virtually NO running for almost two and a half months. (Only exception was my decision to run the Bear Chase 50 miler on September 30th. I was 33 minutes slower than last year, but at least it was a FINISH! 7:31, 5th overall.
- A wedding and honeymoon in Mexico, and adjusting to life with Holly as an old married couple!
- I turned the BIG 3-0... another crushing blow psychologically that ruined my motivation to get up in the morning.
- Work: Stressful schedule and increased responsibility in the last 3 months had lead to running not being the priority.