Monday, November 12, 2012

Where Did the Summer Go?

So I have obviously been M.I.A. for a while and I apologize. A lot has happened since August, but I have some decent excuses for not writing in so long. Here goes:
  1. A soul-crushing DNF after 97 miles at Leadville. My motivation to do anything associated with running went down the toilet after this year's DNF. I was going for 4 consecutive finishes, and my body just shut down right before the boulevard... I was in 14th or 15th at the time. This lead to:
  2. Virtually NO running for almost two and a half months. (Only exception was my decision to run the Bear Chase 50 miler on September 30th. I was 33 minutes slower than last year, but at least it was a FINISH! 7:31, 5th overall.
  3. A wedding and honeymoon in Mexico, and adjusting to life with Holly as an old married couple!
  4. I turned the BIG 3-0... another crushing blow psychologically that ruined my motivation to get up in the morning.
  5. Work: Stressful schedule and increased responsibility in the last 3 months had lead to running not being the priority.
Okay, okay, these are all just lame excuses, but I'm slowly starting to get some miles in again, and my next post will be my 2013 race schedule.

Brooks

1 comment:

brownie said...

Will your race schedule include the Turkey Trot Predict this Saturday or you still avoiding me at the tough races?