Here's the cliff-notes version of my life since February:
- Set a 5k PR on St. Patrick's Day. 18:12. Not impressive, I know, but it's not a distance I care to train for.
- Got engaged to my lovely girlfriend (now fiance), Holly!
- Watched Fast Andy race at the 100k World Championships in Seregno, Italy.
- Attempted Collegiate Peaks 50 one day after getting back from Italy. Jet lag, lack of training, and being at sea level for nearly 2 weeks resulted in my only finishing the 25 mile event. Managed 6th overall.
- Colorado Colfax Marathon: Yesterday I came within seconds of my marathon PR from Boston last year by running 2:50.02. No training. No speedwork. 4th overall.
Next time I post, I hope to have more good news.
Off to plan a wedding...